Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Something for a Rainy Day

Congrats everyone, we've beat the heat wave that has been rampant across all of the U.S this week!  I'm sorry I haven't updated in a bit - I blame it on the heat, it was actually too hot to function.

And now... it seems as though the summer might already be starting to end - weird, huh? It's been a cool 75 degrees (sad when that feels cool), shorter days, and orientation week is already starting again at some colleges.  On top of that, it's been raining... ew.


So on this rainy day, the question arises: what to do?  Another perk of having graduated from college, is that there is finally tons of free time.  Now I have a good amount of time to finally sit down and, *gasp*, read a book.  Yeah, I'll admit it, I love reading!  Novels, magazines, newspapers, journals, whatever I can get my hands on.  Didn't someone once say that knowledge is power? Or something?

 
As much as I love a good book to sink my teeth into, sitting in a park on a beautiful day... you know what's even better for rainy days?

YOUTUBE VIDEOS!!!

Another of my new found obsessions as a boomerang baccalaureate - I can entertain myself literally for hours, cracking up hysterically.  While I should probably use that time to continue my job search, the internet tempts my inner procrastinator too much.

Here are some of my faves:

The more times I watch it, the more I laugh

I wish this were me

Because babies are always funny!

Again, babies <3

Sometimes, I feel like this when I'm trying to walk up 
stairs in the metro station. Such a struggle.

As frustrating as it can be at times, to be living back at home, unemployed and poor... don't sweat the small stuff, this is a good time in our lives! So, if you are ever particularly bored and not wanting to face reality, the internet - especially Youtube - can be a best friend.

Go find yourself a funny video! Laughter is always the best medicine to get rid of the blues :) (whether it be from the rain, or from your parents driving you crazy...)

                                                                              Hysterically Laughing,
                                                                                                            BB

No comments:

Post a Comment