Sunday, July 10, 2011

My Dream Apartment - HomeGoods Style

When I graduated, I had this fabulous vision in mind of my apartment post grad.  I figured that within 6 months, I'd be living in a cute little apartment with some girlfriends. Of course, it would be fantastically decorated - a nice little living room to entertain, bar stools and table top to make cocktails, and a plush couch for friends to crash on during the weekend.  And you know what? This is one dream I'm not giving up on!


While I haven't found an apartment yet (or let alone a job...) I've already started to buy things for my imaginary apartment.  Embarrassing? Psh, I think not...  It's an investment! I mean, I'm going to be getting my own place eventually so I might as well be prepared, right?  Isn't the quality of planning and thinking ahead a good thing...?

One of my absolute FAVORITE stores is HomeGoods.  I'm not over exaggerating when I say that I could decorate my entire apartment with stuff from there.  Not only is the store really well priced (with great deals and sales all the time), but the products are SO cute.  They have any style you could be looking for, from Bohemian to French chic.

While it might be a bit premature to already be buying things, I can't pass up a good deal.  Also, HomeGoods is really great at keeping up with the trends, so they are always getting new stuff.  While this is fantastic, it also means that when you find something you like, you better grab it quick or it might not be there the next week! (A terrible lesson I've learned first hand).

Another reason why I adore this store, is their online website.  Sometimes you might find an item you love, but not know what to do with it/how to use it.  HomeGoods' online blog gives great style ideas and helps put together the big picture of what a completed room will look like.  There is also a customer finds section, where people post their own personal styling of their HomeGoods purchases.  If you see an item you love, you can then find out at what store it was purchased.

I'm simply obsessed. (If you couldn't tell already)

It's fun too.  While every store has similar items, each HomeGoods has different inventory.  You might find a great chair at one store, and then have to rush around like a crazy person to all the other stores, in hopes of finding a matching pair.  Oh the shopping games to play!

For now, I'll keep on job searching (and buying a few things here and there...).  Maybe one day, all of my beautiful things will have a home. Until then, HomeGoods will be my home away from home.

I just can't wait to get my first set of apartment keys and finally unlock the door!

 Confessions of a Shopaholic,
                                             BB

4 comments:

  1. OMG Juliet ! I didnt even know that u had a blog , how cool :-)!!

    love the pics btw I want the same sofa lol.

    xx

    http://mymymode.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's better to be prepared than to rush buying the things you need for your new apartment. I've checked the site, and there are more than hundreds of good finds for a new home, including furniture, wall decors, rugs, lighting fixtures and other stuff that can be useful for you.

    Christian Traughber

    ReplyDelete