Monday, June 20, 2011

The Very Long Vacation

So, to get started and introduce myself, I'm the typical 22-year old girl who just graduated from college this past May.  The 4-year bubble of college has abruptly burst, and here I am again - back at home.  How has this even happened? When I first moved into my freshman dorm it really seemed like this would last forever.  Buttt, here I am... everyone says the years fly by, and wow, did they ever!

And yet, the 4 years did occur.  I have a mix of mildly-sloppy (and yet still classy) Facebook photos from my entire college career which prove this.  Bar-parties, dorm storming, library time - all the proof needed.  Thank god I'm a photo-queen and documented everything, or I don't actually think I'd believe it myself.

The good news is that I have finally unpacked all my things.  Let me tell you, that's quite a feat.  Four years of accumulating stuff, and take into account the fact that I'm a female and a sorority girl, and we've got a problem.  I have a whole drawer just devoted to puffy paint.  Enough said.  So after hours of my futile attempt at organizing everything, I resorted to what every college kid eventually does - giant black trash bags.  I'm convinced that Hefty and Glad must see a spike in sales every May/June, just from college kids alone.
Then, once I made the arduous 6 1/2 hour-long car trip back home, the procrastination set in.  I think I lived out of these trash bags for a solid two weeks before my mom couldn't stand it any more and basically made me face my reality: I had graduated.  Even now this still just feels like summer vacation... a very long vacation with no end in sight, but still, it's a vacation!

So my closet has been filled, clothes all unpacked and placed neatly onto hangers, and the very long vacation has officially started.  At home.  I was thrown out into the world, and like a boomerang, came flying back to where I started 4 years ago.  We'll see how fun this "vacation" will be...


                                                                                            Over and Out,
                                                                                                               BB

1 comment:

  1. boomerang baccalaureate," but this term doesn't correspond to a widely recognized concept or program in education or any specific field that I'm aware of as of my last knowledge update recommend checking with relevant educational institutions, official websites, or recent sources to get To excel in the pharmaceutical representative job search, start by obtaining a relevant degree and networking within the industry. Customize your resume and cover letter, highlighting your product knowledge and communication skills. Research companies thoroughly and consider informational interviews. Stay persistent and informed about industry trends to enhance your chances of securing a position...Post Office Job Placement

    ReplyDelete